ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#113390 05/25/02 03:00 AM
Yes, the timeclock location was chosen more or less because of lack of space, didn't really ask him why...

The water heater is now fed with carflex NM flexible liquidtite conduit (ENT?).

Thanks for the compliments, guys, but we could've done better, I think.

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#113391 05/25/02 09:19 AM
G
"Everyone else can be so much cheaper and quicker and please the customer and make more profit! We did improve it, but it wasn't to the letter like you guys do it..."

This is also true in our rural market here in Nebraska. Everyone of these jobs requires a judgement call on where to stop, because to really do everything %100 to code would mean destroying the building and starting over. People who insist on bringing everything code will not get any ag work in our market. I'm not talking about new work....but remodel/additions.

Basically it comes down to two questions. Is it safe?? Is it better than it was before??

I think you did well on both counts.

GJ

#113392 05/25/02 01:51 PM
B
Webmaster, you came up with very reasonable solution to the corrosion problem—“due diligence.” The only caveat I’d have is that the owner/hands need to close and latch the gasketed door after opening each time. (This will depend in great part if the MCCBs are being regularly used as switches.)

Farmers generally are not into maintaining electrical gear without a very good convincing. Some won’t spend money on a slick, big-city/out-to-get-my-hard-earned-money electrician in a fancy-truck-with-their-name-on-the-doors unless it’s killing their livestock.

#113393 07/13/02 01:43 AM
I don't know that I would have even posted the "after" pictures.... Not claiming to have done the work myself anyhow. Who was the electrical contractor anyways, Sanford and Son Electric?

[Linked Image] PS. In the event the local supply house only has white plumbing pipe... buy a can of Zinc... paint it so it at least looks like electrical grade PVC... Two coats equal schedule 80. J/K [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by 4thYearApprentice (edited 07-13-2002).]

#113394 07/13/02 05:01 AM
Hello Mr. 4thYearApprentice.

Yes, there are many violations remaining in the after picture, most of which follow under "existing conditions" of which we did not change.

The white PVC in the after pics are really water lines... Imagine that!

We weren't allowed to move them, and we did our best to keep from busting 110.26.

Please keep your comments as diplomatic as possible, which is not a request to prevent one from bringing forth an argument or even a little humor, but rather from bringing forth a "flame".

Thank you,

-Virgil

PS: I also wish to thank you for humbling me, which is something that I may have needed.

(Note other "big-headed" threads...)

[This message has been edited by sparky66wv (edited 07-13-2002).]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard