ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 373 guests, and 12 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
#11317 07/10/02 11:41 PM
Welcome on in and stay awhile. Take your shoes off. Heck, to join in the fun around here you don't even have to be Well-groomed. You will find a large number of Well-balanced people around here, but most would say that I am not part of that group. I would say that I am in a state of Well-being. I have yet to meet any here who are not Well-disposed. If I'm ever invited to dinner by anyone here, let me warn you that I like my electric work Well-done, but not my steak. There are many, like Scott35, George Corron, and Joe Tedesco, who are Well-grounded. So, if you want to start throwing flames at those guys, your arguments better be Well-founded. I would say that Bill is a Well-wisher. Notice it was he that thought enough about the new folks around here to start this thread. Bigbluewirenut, sparky, redsy, resqcapt, master66, cindy, BuggaBooBren, sparkyvw66, and others always seem to pop in at just the right moment. Yup, they are part of the Well-timed group. Then there is pauluk, who always speaks perfect english. We southern folks would just say, "That British feller sure is Well-spoken." As long as I've been reading and posting here, I've never found anyone who wasn't Well-meaning. You'll find that the people here care about this trade, and I for one have been suprised on more than one occasion at the lengths that the members of this forum will go to help others. So, with that being said, I think that this post is Well-worn.

Regards to all members, new, and not so new,
Doc

The Watt Doctor
Altura Cogen
Channelview, TX
#11318 07/11/02 05:38 AM
Broom Pusher and
I am happy to be part of this forum! Never imagined that I could assist so many people in so many ways!

The relationships I have with members in this forum have been of such a high value to me, and have been a significant key in where I am right now. Simply, without this forum, my abilities would be lagging.

If this is true of me, imagine what can be said for a person with good skills and brains!

Thanks to everyone for the opportunities!

Scott S.E.T.

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
#11319 07/11/02 01:47 PM
P

Then there is pauluk, who always speaks perfect english. We southern folks would just say, "That British feller sure is Well-spoken."

I don't know about that Doc! [Linked Image]

I sometimes have people here telling me off for using what they regard as Americanisms.

By the way, there are some language historians who believe that the modern English of the Southern States is closest in pronunciation and accent to that spoken in England during Shakespeare's time.

#11320 07/11/02 06:30 PM
S
welcome all new members, this forum is well worth your time...

Live Long & Post More

[Linked Image from bitinc.com]

#11321 07/11/02 10:17 PM
G
By all means welcome all. I think the reason I use this forum over the others is that for the most part ALL who come here are seeking knowledge, and that may be the best of human tendencies.

Shoot Doc, I've never been accused of being well balanced before.........UN-balanced a time or two [Linked Image]

Don't fergit the medical advice, I'd still have that broke laig, if you hadn't told me about that medicine from Meh hee ko with the worm in the bottom [Linked Image]

This is a great group, and you can never have too many. Enjoy and join in.

#11322 07/11/02 11:06 PM
I hope Bill doesn't figure out that he could actually charge us for this service!!!

[Linked Image]

D'oh! I should keep my big mouth shut!

[Linked Image]

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#11323 07/12/02 06:24 AM
G
You mean...........I'M the only one he charges?????????? [Linked Image]

#11324 07/12/02 01:50 PM
Doc:

Thanks, I may be "Well Grounded" but also must have my "overcurrent protection and main bonding jumper" checked for proper sizing and function once in a while.

On another note:

I too have enjoyed this forum since its beginnings, and have learned from it.

I only want to call attention to the way in which questions are asked, and the way in which the answers are given.

I'll bet that the readership here includes many who are looking for accurate information, and reply upon this forum for some answers to the same questions they have.

I know that most of the regular contributors here give the best information they have available to them.

I do however question some of the comments and would ask that anyone "including the new kids on the block" think about their replies here, and in some cases go back and edit them when necessary.

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 07-12-2002).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
#11325 07/12/02 03:18 PM
George,
I'M the only one he charges??????????
That reminds me, you last check was returned and I'm having a hard time contacting that bank in Nigeria where your checks are drawn.

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
#11326 07/12/02 11:20 PM
B
hi everyone, as you can see my name is bill. i am a brand spanking new j-man. i live and work in alberta canada. it is hot here too! haven't hit the big 100 yet but have been scratching at the door for the last few days. of course being a totally metric country (yeah right!) we measure in celsius rather than farenheit. so we've been running at about 35C for a while. i've been dabbling with electrons for 45 years but now i'm a real electrician. people up here regard journeymen elctricians as having the answer for everthing electrical. well i can say that that is far from the truth. as i progress in the trade i become more and more aware of how little i know. i want to thank every contributor to these forums. i have learned so much from you guys this past year i can't thank you enough. i try to check in daily especially to the CEC section. i haven't had to post a question yet. when i do i know that i will be drawing on years of experience.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard