ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (ale348), 302 guests, and 14 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
[Linked Image]

I gave my friend the plumber an old parking lot pole about 6 mos. ago. I went to see him yesterday. This is how it was connected. Romex threaded from pole through the trees about 7' up, wire nuts to a 2 wire pigtailed plug. Plugs into yellow 2 wire extension cord. Extension cord is supported by about 6 wraps around an outdoor showerhead. Cord plugs into timer that's plugged into shed that's plugged into non GFI recp on side of mobile home.

I removed it for him.

Scott (Electure)

S
ah,
the infamous 'flying splice' flys again!
[Linked Image]

Was your friend originally from WV?

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
LOL 'til my eyes watered. No Virgil, he's another CA native (although I do see real similarities to some of your pics). He did spend enough time around the "Crazy Horse Trader" I've mentioned before to become polluted.
Crazy Old Horse Trader's service at the stables had all the KO's knocked out. The front cover was off most of the time. It took a real beating from horses and weather.
As it corroded, he developed a little arc from the buss to one of the breakers, so he took some of his "fixall fluid" (WD-40), and sprayed it on. Wranglers said there was a big ball of flame. Horse Trader put it out with the water hose. After I found out he was still alive after this "trick", I laughed.
Sure wish I had a digital cam back then. It was the blackest piece of equipment I've ever seen.

B
Originally posted by sparky:
ah,
the infamous 'flying splice' flys again!
[Linked Image]

Yeah that Romex is great stuff even comes with its own messenger.

Link Copied to Clipboard