ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 195 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#112619 08/22/01 09:12 PM
S
Some of the guys here on the BB have to fight this kind of stuff all on their own, without any backing Whew, must be tough!

that bears repeatin' Scott!

However it must be noted that the integrity of some of these older units are admirable in there hearty constitution. I used the term 'existing' because if it indeed has done so, and is of no life and/or saftey threat let it be. If being antiquated alone rates the round file my ol' lady would have had me shipped off years ago. I would probably shoot my biz in the foot should i publicly advertise this point of view, but who really does the math? 1/2 the service upgrades I do are the call of bank inspectors and/or realtors that simply don't like fuses or 60A services.

#112620 08/24/01 03:01 PM
G
I saw something similar the other day at a church building. There were several doors that contained fuses behind them. THey were like 200A fuses. I located the bad fuse for the cust but couldn't tell him(other than to hire an electrician) of how to go about replacing it. I saw no way of disconnecting power to this panel. It was 3Ø 4W delta and the only means I could see of replacing the fuses were to deenergize the trans bank. THere were no disconnects at all. The W/H outside fed directly into a CT metering can and from there it went straight to the buss of the panel and then only had fuses. Beat all I had ever seen.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard