ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 228 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
G
I just said to my wife, as she was passing by, look at this picture. She said "oh my god thats awfull, what were they thinking when they put a window in the shower." We all see things diffrently.

Dave T.

S
I showed the picture to my 17 y.o. daughter and she said, " that's in the shower! Isn't that rather stupid and dangerous!" She doesn't know the NEC but even she knew that was a bad place for the panel.

[Linked Image]

Bill
S
Being that I only do electrical work, I usually do not speak out of my trade. Like many tradesmen, I work with the other trades often. I will say that if it's outta my trade and looks funny, it probably is.

These observations are even more pronounced when the general public is questioning an application. [Linked Image]

M
looks to me like its one of those infamous Sylvania/GTE "Exploding/meltdown" Panels...

talk about un-safe.. you tell the people you hate to take showers in there.. lol

-m

Remember when you read my posts, im only 17, still learning... "Hey, its takes what it takes!"
Just thumbing through some earlier photos and came across this one.

It's an Oldie but a Goodie!

[Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
R
When I got my house, the 240 for the dryer ran through the shower stall right next to the water pipe; in one side along the back wall and out the other. That didn't stay long.

P
This type of installation is great for generating future work for, medical techs,doctors, nurses, the morgue, funeral homes,cemetaries. They all have to work too, don't they?

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
P
BTW- Service disconnects cannot be located in bathrooms of any location, but subpanels can be located in bathrooms of other than dwellings, guest rooms of hotels or motels.

Pierre

Pierre Belarge
D
To British eyes this installation is beyond belief.
I don't think even the worst d.i.y.er here would allow a panel to be fitted/remain in or adjacent to the shower enclosure.
We have very stict rules (BS 7671 Section 601) on locations containing a bath or shower. Not that they are always followed to the letter, particularly by d.i.y. sparks.
However, most homeowners are well aware that standard 13A socket outlets (receptacles) & consumer units (panels) are not permitted to be installed in bathrooms. Also installing wall mounted light switches in bathrooms is very restricted, usually ceiling pull cord switches are used or a wall switch is mounted outside the bathroom door.

[This message has been edited by David UK (edited 06-15-2003).]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard