ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 270 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#111019 08/17/06 08:02 AM
From Rewired (Adam Derus)

Happen to stumble on these the other day.... Priceless isn't it??

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

B
They had to be done with out permits and no inspection [Linked Image] I sure hope that they were not inspected. and you see what us inspectors have to deal with! Ican here it now Whats Wrong With That [Linked Image]

J
Seems to be just more examples of people adding corners to a wheel to make it work better.

I guess they couldn't figure out how to make a connection in the wiring compartment.

Sometimes I seriously wonder if "Doofus" will ever be out of work... Heck, he even though enough to put duct seal over the screw holes! [Linked Image]

L
These appear to be roof-top installations. Looks like they didn't want to build pedestald for the disco's.

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com
F
How did the high pressure switch get on the service port?That should be inside the unit.I bet it broke and they didn't realize it can be replaced by unscrewing just the switch.That tee fitting most likely has no shrader valve in it and the cap could seriously hurt someone since it's under 400lbs pressure from the liquid refrigerant.Could be a time bomb if a service tech is not paying attention and decides to check the high side pressure.

[This message has been edited by frank (edited 08-18-2006).]

R
Hey Fellas!

Larry:
Yes these are rooftop units.. I just happen to wander up there when BOTH of the units cooling the floor I am working on stopped working ( Carrier units: JUNK IMHO).
All the other units up there have the discos tagged right to the sides of the units.

Frank:
I am not sure how that switch got there.. I assume from the electrical the same hack did the referigeration as well and probably the original install, as the units on the floor above us have done nothing but leak onto our floor because all the condensate drains have been done improperly according to the NEW service Techs.

A.D

Link Copied to Clipboard