ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 480 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#110821 09/08/06 03:34 PM
S
My usual reply, Yuck what a mess. Get the clippers cut it all out and start over. Oh yes please get new boxes with the knockouts still intact. Nice splice job in the can. Good luck with this one. At least you have the room to get in and fix it. Remember to save the scrap. Brother the time people take to do the wrong thing.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

#110822 09/08/06 04:39 PM
M
It's really disappointing when good materials fall into the hands of people who don't know what to do with it. I can't even guess why this guy removed so many of the tabs in that switch box. I see one or two spots where the romex has been gouged by something. It also looks like he used about three times as much wire as necessary to accomplish this task...(i.e. You can drive from Houston to San Antonio by going through Dallas, but there are better ways... [Linked Image]). I would be willing to bet that any one of y'all could pull most of this stuff out, replace the boxes (with ones that still have the KO's/romex tabs in place) and re-do this job, and still have quite a bit of wire left over.

I have several of the Wiring 1,2,3, books in my library (mostly for grins), and even these books don't advocate doing something this sloppy. I guess reading the book is one thing, and interpreting it is another.

I wonder how many times he twisted those EGC's together [Linked Image]?

Mike (mamills)

#110823 09/09/06 12:07 AM
T
Quantity has a quality all its own.

You certainly can't doubt that this player is soley responsible for the incredible rise in copper prices and the shortage of Romex worldwide.

I hate to bid again based on his 'actuals'.

This is the first time that I've seen an air core transformer built into a residential stud wall.

As for grounding at the can... it seems that a step has been omitted.

This is the first player I've come across that successfully converted a can light into a 4 square; I find them too confining for this use.

Tesla
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard