ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 278 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#110367 04/04/06 07:21 AM
Sent to us by Dnkldorf

[Linked Image]

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

N
Are those breakers BL frame (240V)? Rather then BQD (480/277).

Added some info.

[This message has been edited by NORCAL (edited 04-04-2006).]

L
The Chock-full-o-nuts coffee can?

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com
N
Looking at it from another computer, notice a BQD C/B above filler plates on RH row the rest do look like Siemens BL frame breakers.

The Siemens "Sentron" panelboards will accept both, it behooves the installer to be aware supply voltage among other things. [Linked Image]

Seeing that the coffee can must be sitting on something . Is there a clearance issue with the disconnect?

Broom Pusher and
If the "460 VAC" Tagging is correct, the Breakers "Appear" to be a problem.

The Panelboard looks like it's a Siemens S-1, and the frames look like type BL, which would make this suitable for maximum 240 VAC systems.

It's hard to tell from my end, but they sure do not look like type BQD frames - which have 277/480 VAC ratings.

Also, whatever is holding the Coffee Can up, may be considered a clearance issue.

If the Coffee Can is magically floating, then only the Coffee Can its self will be an issue of clearance [Linked Image]

Scott35

BTW, is the switch feeding the Panelboard (OCPD for the Panelboard via tapped feeders coming from the Gutter below), or is that a Panelboard Main OCPD in the bottom section of the Deadfront?

And on this subject, is that a nipple between the Panelboard and the Gutter? (located on the right hand side, about 8" from the right hand side).
If yes, man what's up there!!!???

Also, whaddaheck is going on with the EMT running out from the left side of the Panelboard, which appears to go into the same Gutter?!

Is the switch wired correctly?
*** i.e.: Line and Load sides not "180° of of phase" [Linked Image] ***

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!
D
Well, most of you nailed the BL breakers in the panelboard.

The BL's are only rated 240, and this instalation requires the BQD. The funny part was explaining this to the plant engineer. He stated, "it hasn't given us trouble yet, so where is the problem?"....

The coffee can is actually sitting on top of a transformer, that makes a convienent shelf to the plant personel for tools and parts.

The disconnect is actually not the OCP for the panel. This panel is a sub panel from another fused disconnect, from a sub panel. This disconnect is tapped of the feeder lugs of this panel, and feeds a machine....

The guy that orginally did this plant, used 4 different manufactures of panels and swicthgear, and disconnects. My guess is he found cheaper stuff as he went along. I would of stuck with all the same manufacturer and type panels, but that's just me...The amount of different breakers for this place is amazing. I guess he got confused as which breakers go in which panelboards..

Dnk...

Here's the uncropped version:

[Linked Image]

L
Aha! It's the uncapped coffee can!

Larry Fine
Fine Electric Co.
fineelectricco.com

Link Copied to Clipboard