ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (CoolWill), 250 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
... We found this mess while trouble-shooting a power failure to a 2nd floor of a residence...The 3" box was located behind,and just above the medicine cabinet in the bathroom... The open wiring you see,(the red, white,and black wires) were found badly spliced,and exited the top of the box beneath a tightly closed blank cover..these were carelessly routed inter-twined and exposed in the wooden lath and plaster to feed the medicine chest light and receptacle below..
[Linked Image]

... The next shot is the same box with the open conductors removed,and showing the deteriorating old cloth covered BX conductors,hardly even twisted together,and without wire nutz,..only tape and a prayer kept this fire hazard from disaster...

[Linked Image]

... and my new game face after I found the problem.. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

{Message editd to add pics to ECN Server}

[This message has been edited by Trumpy (edited 11-03-2005).]

.."if it ain't fixed,don't break it...call a Licensed Electrician"
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Studies now confirm that hanging out at certain home improvement stores for excessive amounts of time can have the same effects as over-ingestion of carrots [Linked Image]

Randy

...So sorry Roger,my good man,I tried to post it here originally,but was refused access,now I've been displaced.. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]..I didn't know how to go about posting here,do I send it(subsequent pictures) to you...or??
Russ

R
Russ, you did nothing wrong, so there is no need to appologize. [Linked Image]

To post your pictures in this forum send them to Electure, electure@sbcglobal.net Trumpy, mtrump@orcon.net.nz or webmaster@electrical-contractor.net with your commentary and they will post them for you.

Doing this will assure they will be uploaded to ECN and will remain forevermore.

Thank you for all of your contributions. [Linked Image]

Roger

...over injestion of carrots....
LOL! [Linked Image]

Reminds me of those old pix colored-in by hand, particularly Ma and Pa's wedding photos (1931).

Russ, are you eating a carrot there?

Alan

Wood work but can't!
... We're cool,Roger... [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

No Alan,.. I'm actually sticking out my tongue at the camera,being bored to death,while sitting at the wheel of my van at a stop light,so I decided to take my own ugly picture,and then I used an antique effect for colorization,my shirt is actually bright RED,go figure,..it's a weird effect..The pictures were shot from my dinky little camera-phone.. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Russ

[This message has been edited by Attic Rat (edited 11-02-2005).]

T
Please stop calling me honey!

Dave

B
Mods, I'd like to report a violation....

That photo (of AR) is just WRONG!!!

[Linked Image]

... Bren,if you think that's wrong,..you should hear the out-going message on my voice-mail...it's the actual theme from "Psycho" in the background,and my voice saying that "I'm too busy to come to the phone,and that I'm goin' crazy from all of the phone calls I keep getting"..it's not verbatim,but ya get the jist of it...

...Now I've got MORE calls from customers and friends calling just to hear the darn message..They all love it..My idea back-fired..I wanted them to STOP calling for a while.. [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Russ

Link Copied to Clipboard