ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 546 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#10884 06/23/02 07:05 PM
E
Eandrew Offline OP
tenant improvement is anything within the tenant space or anything specific to tenant needs. It can be a new or old building. The tenant might say: " I need three private offices over here and a meeting over here etc." Its anything outside the shell.

I worked on core and shell which would start from the 14,000 v. coming from the utility to the ductbank swithes and into the building substation which it is stepdown to 277/480. Also included would be running all the feeders to the distribution panels and airhandler/chillers. All part of building but nothing with regard to the specific tenant needs.

Alot of times, in a lame economy like now, the landlord will say "If you lease this space I'll throw in $$ per sq. ft. for Tenant improvement. "

A short call, is a union deal. One of the few advantages for a contractor to be union, is a labor pool. "I need two guys for two weeks". After the two weeks you leave with your paycheck in hand. Its temp. It tough in seattle now with 800 guys on the books out of work. You take what you can get. I think its fun to move around and see how other contractors do things though.

#10885 06/25/02 05:43 AM
J
In older houses, like mine built 1963 they did have black two conductor nm with ground, it is 14/2 solid copper with ground. They used it all the switch legs in the whole house. It aint real easy to see in a dimly lit attic, and I guess that spelled its fall from favor with the electrical field. It could after years in hot attics especially in the southern climates discolor the neutral to a much darker shade, and the outer sheathing may bleed onto the white insulation also. I have never seen this product for sale in my brief 20 year career.

Lighting the way
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard