ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#107977 06/06/04 08:48 PM
Admin Offline OP
Administrator
Hey, I thought you might appreciate the following photo. Remember, no matter what the maintenance electrician says....you need two pairs of channel locks to install compression couplings, and you should prob spring for something other than plastic anchors once you get above 1" .
[Linked Image]
Looks like the same electrician worked on this one, same management company, less than 20 feet away to. The two installs caught my eye.

Chris C.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Chris,
Good pics!.
In the second pic, is that a Transformer enclosure?.
I just can't help but think that there has been an oil leak from the lower right side of it?.

Nice pics Chris,
I have to wonder if someone tried hanging something heavier than the banner on this [Linked Image] I agree with you on the anchoring.. metal wedge anchors would've held this alot better.. LOL at the 1¼ or 1½ 2 hole straps on the ½ inch sealtite on the 3rd and 4th pics..
Mike, that green door is for a trash compactor.. The green & white "WM" sticker is from a company called "Waste Management".. they dump some of the trash bins here in Huntington Beach also.. [Linked Image]

-Randy

B
That's ½" liquid-tight? That's a relief. It looked like AC or MC to me... [Linked Image]

-John

Guys,

That's MC Cable, in pic. 2 and 3.

[Linked Image]
Bill

Bill
N
With the oversized straps the statement "better than nothing" would be inappropriate. [Linked Image]

Randy,
The reason I asked was, that shade of Green here is used to identify PoCo 11kV transformers here.

I hear ya Mike... That's also pretty much standard here.. Occaisionally I'll come across a tan painted one (Usually in the desert, to blend in with the landscape probably) the green xfmrs are usually a faded version of this.

[mr.magoo] Wha? what you mean thats MC cable??? (scratching head) [/mr. magoo]

Seriously, how the devil could you guys tell that was MC???? I thought I had 20/20 vision! (so did my eye doctor!)

-Randy

B
Randy,

In all fairness, I have no idea if that's MC or not, because I still can't figure out how Bill excluded AC as an option. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

-John

John,

Sorry, I didn't see your question.
I was just relaying what the person said in their email when the pics were sent in.

Bill

Bill
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard