ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 235 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Paul,
Yes, the typical holiday caravan uses LPG for cooking, hot water, and heating.
Gas heating in a caravan?. [Linked Image]
That sounds rather dangerous, I'm merely thinking about the chances of a person being asphyxiated in such a small "room", should they go to bed with the heater still running.
Mind you, it wouldn't be any more dangerous than cooking with it (gas) I suppose.

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

S
There are some caravans that use propane-gas stoves and refrigerators. Yup...not kidding.

I should think that after a week spent 'on vacation' in a small, damp and rusty tin box, that asphyxiation by Carbon Monoxide poisoning would come as a blessed relief. At least they're not on the flipping road: Nothing is more guaranteed to cause both ones' jugular veins to explode violently from end to end, than to come up behind one of these monstrous wobbling behemoths, crawling along at 20mph in the middle of our dear Queen's Highway- unless it's an octagenarian myopic old fool doing 15mph in a BL 'Metro' with only the crown of his flat-hat visible just below the top of steering wheel.
Alan

Wood work but can't!
P
pauluk Offline OP
Nothing is more guaranteed to cause both ones' jugular veins to explode violently from end to end, than to come up behind one of these monstrous wobbling behemoths,
Can we take it you're not a fan of caravans then Alan? [Linked Image] It doesn't bother me to come upon them on the road, but then I've been the one towing the things sometimes.

Gas heating in a caravan?
Yep, it's been common for decades. So long as the proper ventilation is maintained, there's no problem.

Many later models (mostly tourers rather than statics) have blown air heating with burner unit which is sealed and exhausts to the outside.

As Sven says, LPG fridges are also pretty common. The small versions for touring trailers are often 3-way types: 240V AC for on-site where a hookup is available, LPG for on-site with no mains hookup, and 12V DC for when actually on the move.

An interseting permutation. You are wobbling along at 20mph, centre-stage as it were, C/W behemoth, when you encounter Metro-Man, his flat-cap set at a jaunty angle. He is in turn following, at 10mph, a 50 year old smoke-spewing tractor towing, with no registration plate, indicators, lights or brakes, a vast trailer full of ripe chicken-s**t. Both his jugulars just exploded!
Alan

Wood work but can't!
My favorite Tom and Jerry cartoons are the one with Tom flying round the garden with Cook's corsets as wings, the one where Tom takes a 'cool chick' to the beach, with Jerry in the pic-nic basket eating their lunch, and the gut-wrenchingly funny Zoot-Suit that Tom makes from a roller blind. Who could ever forget Tom lifting Butch's eyelid after 'slipping him a mickey', and seeing "Out Cold" written on the eyeball!
I couldn't breathe. Magic!
Alan

Wood work but can't!
T
The size and spacing of those holes is much smaller than an NEMA receptacle, but it does look remarkably like one when you can't see the scale, doesn't it?
Sure does!

D
djk Offline
Utterly horrifying, all of it.

Does the UK Health and Safety exec not crack down on this kind of thing since these are effectively places of work and not only that but are power connections that are meant for use by members of the public.

I mean kids play around these hook ups!

Surely it's up to the carvan park to ensure that these set ups are safe.

That place should be shut down it's a death trap!

P
pauluk Offline OP
Notice how close to the ground some of that equipment is located?

A couple of days ago we had a thunderstorm and a downpour early one morning:

[Linked Image]

Now that picture puts a different slant on things!. [Linked Image]
Sort of makes me wonder about connections like the one in the last two pictures above, when they could effectively be underwater. [Linked Image]

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard