ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 525 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
Whats even funnier is they bothered to use the foam rubber gasket on the Meyers Hub!

Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

R
im guessing he didnt have the capability to thread the pipe so he used a threadless rigid connector installed in a meyers hub.

C
At the very least, water will enter through the bottom threads of the connector 'cause the misused locknut is preventing it from seating properly. Damn, I could've used that locknut the other day when I dropped the one I had from an extension ladder into some shrubs.

W
I've seen Rigid compression adapters in the past, do they still make them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
If it is a threadless GRC connector I see nothing wrong unless there are not 5 threads engaged between the connector and the hub.
Yes to the last post. They still make threadless connectors.

Is that threadless connector listed as "raintight"?
And yes, it looks very much like it could be a part of a sealtite fitting. This company's look the same from the outside.

D
I only have two questions about this picture? Is it a service, and are there threads under the service head at the other end of the RMC? (As in turn the pipe around & use the threaded end on the Myers hub without the compression connector & nut)

Dave

Apart from the locknut and the double connecter thing, is it just me or is the pipe actually smaller than the connector? Look at the top of the connector at the top. Looks like a very large gap from the conduit. I seem to recall the conduit setting tighter than that to the connectors compression ring.

E
e57 Offline
Ditch the lock-nut, and crank that thing! Theyn all look loose to me.

And, odds are where they got the conduit, they could've theaded it for them too.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason
W
no1.The use of the rmc compression connector,i do believe that it does not carry a listing for outdoor raintght use.GRC shouldve been threaded and installed appropiately into the meyers hub on top on the enclosure. Another inquiry i have though wouldnt have actually been more cost effective to try and obtain the manufactured hub for that enclosure instead of a meyers hub? hmm

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard