ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 265 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
[Linked Image]

When the cords wear out they replace them! This is typical every weekend in the Haymarket Area in Boston!

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

F
joe i wondering what if they use the specal matting that have notched for the cords lay inside with out any one tripping over and i know that is a pubic area and use the cord laying loose is gross nec code voliditaon ( sorry for my spelling ) i see few public place do have specal mat for that purporse

merci marc

Pas de problme,il marche n'est-ce pas?"(No problem, it works doesn't it?)

S
Seen this past Saturday in the Scollay Square area (across the street from Boston's City Hall near Quincy Market)....one of those sidewalk electrical (?) boxes all bashed in.

Mended with, yes... duct tape.

I could see bundles of wires through one of the torn corners.

It was on the street the Scollay Building is on - didn't take note of the street name - looking at a map now I think it was corner of Congress and State. Joe you're probably familiar with the area I'm talking about?

Wonder if it was hit by a bus? Anyway it's probably buried under a 3-foot high snow drift.... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by SvenNYC (edited 02-18-2003).]

I know exactly where that corner is, and have already taken a picture of the damage!

I took that picture about 3 months ago.

The damage is at the stoplight control box. It was hit by a car! I have to wait until the snow disappears before I can walk to that location again.

I will bet it will be there for a while ---- it works don't it are the words that are probably echoed!!

B
Joe, I’m happy to tell you that Hollywood has a solution to your trampled-cord problems. Get some of this stuff.

We noticed one odd thing in the photo…we’ve never seen wet bricks used as a sidewalk.

Good luck!

—the Gilligan’s Island backstage crew

E
Strangely enough those cords are the nicest thing in that market. You could not pay me enough to eat the fruit and vegies that are sold there. It's basically a flea market for food. And a buffet for rats! Bjarney those are our ye olde cobblestones that give us that New England charm!

S
Hey,. we never had a problem before so it must be OK. [Linked Image]

Scott

T
Cobblestone isn't the most comfortable surface to walk on...and it's slippery when wet. Throw in a few extension cords and wheeeeeeeeee!

S
And you CERTAINLY don't want to be riding a bicycle on a cobblestone street. You'll mess up your rims (if you're riding a racing bike) and hurt yourself in your private area if you don't stand up on the pedals - same as if you roll over a hole in the ground.

There are a few streets like this still around in New York. I don't know why on EARTH they haven't paved these damned things over with tar!! [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here's the traffic controller on the corner of State and Congress street in Boston. I will keep watch to see when it will be repaired.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard