ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
UL 508A SPACING
by ale348 - 03/29/24 01:09 AM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 383 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Question: Joe, do you remember these? Caper

Answer: Yes, it is a rosette and was used for cleat or concealed work. It cost $0.20, came in a standard package of 500 and was in a carton of 10. pg. 179, 1924 GE Electrical Contractor's Catalog

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Joe Tedesco (edited 07-11-2002).]

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
Stay up to Code with the Latest NEC:

>> 2023 NEC & Related Reference & Exam Prep
2023 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

Pass Your Exam the FIRST TIME with the Latest NEC & Exam Prep

>> 2020 NEC & Related Reference & Study Guides

H
Joe,

I found this beauty while I was inspecting a job here. I asked the electrical contractor to save it for me. It will go into my collection of other old electrical parts. My son just got a new digital camera today, so I will take some pictures of some other old parts to send to you. I think I found a crow foot and a tripod, but I am not sure of the actual wording for the pieces of equipment. You should see them within a day or 2.

Caper

Caper:

The NEC uses the term "Crowfeet" and the following post shows one.
https://www.electrical-contractor.net/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000615.html
410.16(D) Luminaire (Fixture) Studs.

Luminaire (fixture) studs that are not a part of outlet boxes, hickeys, tripods, and crowfeet shall be made of steel, malleable iron, or other material suitable for the application.

Joe Tedesco, NEC Consultant
M
Thanks for including these pictures of vintage devices!

Caper: What sort of other devices do you have in your collection? Do you (or anyone else in the group) collect vintage switch boxes, such as fuse boxes, safety switches, older style circuit breakers and boxes, etc.? Several electrical contractors in my area have been very good about setting aside things like this for me when doing a remodel or upgrade. [Linked Image]

Mike (mamills)

[This message has been edited by mamills (edited 07-12-2002).]

H
Mamills,

As Joe knows me, I have found several old pieces of electrical equipment since I started doing electrical work, which I started in 1975. I don't have any "formal" collection, but I do keep several/or any old things that I can find. I will post some more old fixture parts today or tommorrow, since my son just got a digital camera. I want to try it out and taking pictures of old parts seems like a good idea to me. I have know Joe for many years and he was a great help to me and several others in teaching us about the NEC. I owe him a lot, he got my interest and kept it up and he pushed me to get my ICS and HHS inspectors license. That I have done and now I am a working inspector here in northern NJ.

Harold aka Caper

C
hey guys i do! have quite a collection of old meters from 1898 to present day.most are GE,WESTINGHOUSE,SANGAMO,&DUNCAN. also several old battery chargers by GE& WESTINGHOUSE that used a bulb rectifier.ERWIN

Link Copied to Clipboard