ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#10276 06/04/02 09:00 PM
S
sparky Offline OP
Everywhere i go, the customer has a dog...so there always seems the need for proper dog edicate.
( before i continue, i have a dog....)

>Some customers leave a key, and don't tell me there's a dog, allbeit clues of dishes, chew toys, etc may tip you off...

>Some open the door for rin-tin-tubby to barrel off the porch at you full tilt, usually accompained by a 'he's a love' line...

>Some barricade the animal in a room where it goes banana's while your there ( and the panel ends up in said room)

>Some 'crotch hounds'have an incredible sense of timming....

> Ditto 'leg hounds'

>Some make we wonder if they have a pulse at all...

>A few have , on my arrival, immediately left thier mark on my van tire ....

>Some you continually have to play ball, or whatever keeps the animal amused, while you work....

>Some will amuse themselves with the tools you've brought....usually mimicking the 'fetch' game...

> Some will simply not accept a biscuit, or bite from your lunch, while it's master watches...(but do when it's master is gone)

>Some wanna piece of you no matter what....

> Some , mostly little dogs, sneak up behind you and then explode into mad howls,( again thier timming is notable....)

[This message has been edited by sparky (edited 06-04-2002).]

#10277 06/04/02 10:14 PM
M
Some wanna piece of you no matter what....

> Some , mostly little dogs, sneak up behind you and then explode into mad howls,( again thier timming is notable....)

Sparky:
you are right its the little ones that are the worse, I got a call from a good customer, he had some breaker problem, but the big problem was the two little I think 'Chows ??' mean little suckers growl anc chased me all over the basement, the guys real nice and also has two cats that dont bother anyone and also a Blonde Lab, when I came over the Lab just yawned and the cats disapeared, but those two little ones bit at my ankels the whold time I was there.
But the worst I have been involved in was a customer who had a Mastif(sp) he didnt bother me except to try to smother me with all the affection he could muster, this animal must have weighed closed to 200 pounds and was so big they gave him his own room, but he was a gentle sort guess that is why they call them the gentle giants.

this business is amazing

-Mark-

#10278 06/04/02 10:44 PM
Steve, we must be on the same wavelength...

Just yesterday, while doing "rescue" work for a lady whose "handyman" had botched a service and failed the inspection (I'll send pics to Bill, look for the rest of the story in the Violations Photos Section...) I had a little chihuahua (sp?) dog who nipped at my heals the whole time and barked constantly. A few near misses with little stones gained me some respect and peace for a while.

Drove me nuts...

-Virgil
Residential/Commercial Inspector
5 Star Inspections
Member IAEI
#10279 06/05/02 05:49 AM
S
sparky Offline OP
lol!
do you fella's remember the scene in the 'Pink Panther' where he asks
"does your dog bite?"
~the dog promptly bites him...
"i thought you said your dog does'nt bite?"
~reply...
"that is not my dog"
[Linked Image]

#10280 06/05/02 07:59 AM
P
Like the list... [Linked Image] I guess dogs shows similar attributes the world over.

I've also found it's often the smallest dogs that are the most hostile, and the most paranoid. I've done a couple of jobs at a nearby house where the lady has about five little ankle-snappers -- "Pugs" I think they're called. Every time I moved from one room to another I was confronted with five minutes of non-stop yapping.

#10281 06/05/02 10:53 AM
C
I was called to a home to move a 35lb ceiling fixture(luminaire).
Here in Florida we wear shorts to the job site a lot(conditions permitting)revealing a lot of bare leg.
When I arrived at the house I was introduced to BO a big "loveable" black Lab.
There I was up on my 6ft ladder holding on to the fixture when BO decides he is in love with the back of my legs and started licking them all the way from my ankles up my short pants leg.
I almost fell off the ladder and dropped the fixture.I started to pet his head and he started to lick my hands.By the time I left I felt like I had had a tongue bath.Better than being bitten.

Chris

#10282 06/05/02 05:55 PM
S
I guess I'm a bit crankier than most. I tell the homeowner that the dog has to be confined or call someone else. Fortunately I've never been sent away (or bitten).
I did have one dog poop on my drill case tho.

#10283 06/05/02 06:26 PM
S
sparky Offline OP
I use to carry dog biscuits, lately i simply pack a few extra cookies for lunch.....

#10284 06/05/02 09:30 PM
E
It really irritates me when people let their pets jump on me or bark constantly. People know how their pets act and should be polite enough to confine the ones that won't behave. But what's probably worse is a 3 year old human that stands by you the entire time and asks questions in a language similar to english, but not quite. After an hour or so the parent might say "just let me know if he's bothering you" and of course you say " not really" because you don't want to offend and you think they know he is bothering you. I had one 6 year old who "helped" me put together ceiling fans using one of me screwdrivers, I was nice and didn't complain, but I got "pink Eye" a couple of days later. [Linked Image]

#10285 06/05/02 10:50 PM
C
We did a lot of work on farms when I was younger, and we always seemed to be able to handle the dogs with biscuits and a friendly hand. But, the biggest problem that we had was that almost every farm we worked at had a pair of geese, they're heads are just at the right height to get you where you don't want to be got.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard