ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Safety at heights?
by gfretwell - 04/23/24 03:03 PM
Old low volt E10 sockets - supplier or alternative
by gfretwell - 04/21/24 11:20 AM
Do we need grounding?
by gfretwell - 04/06/24 08:32 PM
UL 508A SPACING
by tortuga - 03/30/24 07:39 PM
Increasing demand factors in residential
by tortuga - 03/28/24 05:57 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 245 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#10286 06/06/02 06:12 AM
S
sparky Offline OP
LOL!
CS...you need 'goose biscuits'

#10287 06/06/02 09:03 AM
P
Hmm, kids....

I did a fairly big job at a house last year and actually had some of the best help I've ever had from two girls aged 5 and 6.

They held tape measures in place, moved things out of the way, etc. and really were a great help.

Considering their age, they also asked far more intelligent questions than many GCs and seemed pretty interested in what wires ran where and why. I didn't mind taking time to explain things to them.

#10288 06/11/02 08:17 PM
D
Oh, yeah, kids,

A couple years back, I ran a service call to a house out in the country. A wife with a cute little girl, about four or five, was there, and they had a receptacle in the master bedroom that worked intermittently.
No problem, and things went smoothly until the litle girl wanted to show me what her Dad just brought home. Since she was standing directly behind me as I knelt in front of the receptacle, I turned to see what she had, and ended up nose to muzzle with a 9mm Beretta pistol, and little Missy's fingers on the trigger! Luckily, it was a decocker type, and the safety/decocker was down in safe mode. I took it away from her, and drug her and the pistol to her mother who was intent on a soap in the family room. Her mother was apologetic, with one eye still on the soap...

Or, the service call with the six-year-old Einstein that knew how to plug the 30 amp fuse block back into the service panel, while I was working on the garage air compressor it fed. Twice. I took the fuse block with me after the first surprise. Turns out there was a spare block his father had that had 60's in it when he used the compressor a lot, so that he wouldn't blow so many 30's. Imagine that, plus that little Einstein knew about it.

Give me ankle-biting barky dogs anyday over bored and helpful kids... [Linked Image]

[This message has been edited by Dallas (edited 06-11-2002).]

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard