ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 255 guests, and 16 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#102684 08/11/06 03:27 PM
A
Guys I need your help, I've written the Ontario C of Q twice and I've gotten 65% both times. I don't know where I'm going wrong. The second time I wrote I felt extremely confident, and the results were the same, I need some help, and I came across this message board. please help !!!

#102685 08/11/06 08:57 PM
S
Don't feel bad, I hear A LOT of guys are failing. The revised exam is alot tougher then when I wrote.

Were the two exams you wrote identical? Use to your advantage the types of questions that appear to help you to know what to study for.

Apart from taking a refresher courses that prepare you, and studying hard, I don't think their is much more you can do.

#102686 08/11/06 09:44 PM
F
My e-mail me mkaufman35@cogeco.ca Can't get yours to work?

[This message has been edited by frank (edited 08-11-2006).]

#102687 08/13/06 01:06 AM
F
Apprentice2006 I replied to your e-mail did you get it?theres more but it was nappy time
cheers

[This message has been edited by frank (edited 08-13-2006).]

#102688 08/13/06 03:38 PM
A
ya I got it thanks, today's me and the wifes anniversary, so I'll be giving you a call later in the week about that pre exam stuff you mentioned.

#102689 08/15/06 12:20 AM
M
I wrote the Ontario About a year ago, 442A it was pretty tough, I was lucky the prep course I took helped, not the course as much as the other people in it and shared knowledge helps. Your letter from the exam gives an overview of the sections on your exam, look at the areas that you scored lower in and focus on that. "The Learning Pit.Com" was very usefull. Good Luck

#102690 08/23/06 03:39 PM
C
Its only been a few years since I wrote my C of Q. What I did was purchase the Simplified versions of the Ontario Electrical code books both residential and commercial/industrial, and used the test questions at the back as a study guide.

The questions on the Actual C of Q are somewhat different, but this gave me a good idea of where to study and it gave me practice looking through the code book.

Like you, I did not pass the first time either so this is the approach I took when writing again.

Good Luck

#102691 10/14/06 10:05 AM
W
Good Day!

Don't feel so bad as when I challenged it the first time (C of Q NOT TQ ), I passed with 38% and where I went wrong was not being over confident, but not being able to understand the way in which they were wording the question and not organizing my steps through the problem in a 1 at a time approach on the paper they give you to work out the problems on, so I agree that a refresher course should be a must as they will tell you exactly how and why the questions are worded the way they are, and explain in detail, if you have a good instructor, as to reading the problem first and to see it in you’re mind, then to break it down in logical progression in step by step form, and to make columns for converting watts to amps on one side, and motors in fla on the other just as a quick example, and do them separate then at the end, add them together to get the final sum.
This helped me greatly to pass the Masters Exam in 1992 with a high mark, as when I tried to tackle it on my own, I got a shocking 37% so don't let that get you down, as you did almost2 times better than I did and had 8 years experience prior to that, with an electronics’ degree under my belt, but could not understand how they were wording these questions and thus failed at that time, and miserably I might add!

Keep it up because, it is worth every minuet of it in the end, so never give up!!!!

GroBe!

Robert Wagner!

Robert William Wagner

Link Copied to Clipboard