ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 254 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#101817 07/24/03 11:03 PM
M
Mr_E Offline OP
i have a couple of questions. I'm a entertainment technician who does lighting and sound. We are regularly required to connect and disconnect power for our equipment I have a couple of questions about what we can legally do. I have heard may things and do not know what is true. I'm not licenced or training in electrical.

1)Can I connect 50A Single Phase Stove Plug Connections. (aka Plug it in)
2)Can I make regular 120V electrical cable (12-3 for Twistlock, 14-3 for U-Ground)
3)Can i make 240V electrical cable (6-4)
4)Can I make other electrical cables, SOCA (19 Pin 12 Gauge Multichannel, CAMLOCK (or C-Way)
5)What about generators (do I need a permit to use one, can I tie bared wire tails into them, can I connect to them)
6)Can I connect CAMLOCK (C-Way) 3-Phase 120V Phase-Ground, 208V Phase-Phase
7)Can I tie in CAMLOCK Tails to a fused disconnect
8)What do I need a permit to do??
9)I've heard that if I'm on indien land or federal government owned property and I can do anything an electrician can??
10) Can I help build distribution panels)
11) Last question, can i change ends on lightin equipment.

bc electrical regulation part 4 section 25 states the owner of entertianment equipment or remote television and motion picture equipment or the owner of the faucility where that equipment is being used must apply for and obtian from the regulatory authorrity having jurisdiction a temporary entertianment installation permit for the purposes of doing the electrical work required to set up the equipment for a carnival , concession, trade show, travelling show, television or motion picture location or simular activity .There has been signifacant changes to the bc regs and i will try to post a link http://www.safetyauthority.ca/?q=safetyprograms_electrical_overview
[This message has been edited by dougwells (edited 07-25-2003).]

[This message has been edited by dougwells (edited 07-25-2003).]

[This message has been edited by dougwells (edited 08-31-2006).]

M
Mr_E Offline OP
Thanks. That makes sense for installation of wiring such as tieing tails into a panel. What about connecting? Would that connecting connections which are all ready in place. Also, Any ideas where I might find info about who can build the equipment?

[This message has been edited by Mr_E (edited 07-25-2003).]

click on the above link in my previous post the click on the electrical safty regs under the heading baseline documents It tells you who can preform electrical work in BC And who can certify electrical equipment, with the required safty markings Also note that there is a new field safty officer requirement for the entertianment Industry

Link Copied to Clipboard