ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 260 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#101722 01/03/03 11:45 PM
F
frank Offline OP
An outside contractor handed me a McDonnel miller level control to be wired to a condensate pump.I could not find a CSA or cUL ect label,only a plain UL listing.After i pointed this out to the contractor and my boss they informed me that the American listing is accepted on some controls.It will be CSS inspected and No big deal to pay the $150 to have It checked by ESA.I saw some flourecent dimmer switches at the wholesaler last week also with only UL labels?Am I missing something here?
Thanks

T
Frank,

Equipment to meet the requirements of the Ontario Electrical Safety Code must be approved to Canadian standards.

Electrical component parts in primary circuits of equipment shall be of types specifically approved for the use intended or shall be investigated with, and as an integral part of, the equipment.

This is signified by the "C" outside the Entela, ETL, MET, OMNI, QAI, TUV Rheinland and UL marks.

The “NRTL/C” shown with one Canadian Standards Association mark, and the “cULus” shown with one Underwriters
Laboratories mark, indicate the equipment with those marks is also compliant with United States standards.

A Canadian Standards Association mark with "NRTL" only, and Underwriters Laboratories mark without the “c” at
the eight o’clock position, indicates the equipment is compliant with United States standards.

Tony Moscioni
Electrical Inspector
© Electrical Safety Authority – 2003

Link Copied to Clipboard