ECN Electrical Forum - Discussion Forums for Electricians, Inspectors and Related Professionals
ECN Shout Chat
ShoutChat
Recent Posts
Increasing demand factors in residential
by gfretwell - 03/28/24 12:43 AM
Portable generator question
by Steve Miller - 03/19/24 08:50 PM
Do we need grounding?
by NORCAL - 03/19/24 05:11 PM
240V only in a home and NEC?
by dsk - 03/19/24 06:33 AM
Cordless Tools: The Obvious Question
by renosteinke - 03/14/24 08:05 PM
New in the Gallery:
This is a new one
This is a new one
by timmp, September 24
Few pics I found
Few pics I found
by timmp, August 15
Who's Online Now
1 members (Scott35), 272 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
C
cazxd Offline OP
I am a new comer in Toronto.
I hve 9 nine years experience in electrical engineer field as an electrician.
I have pass the Ontario trade exam for electrician.
I would like to continue my electrician career here.
Having been searching for the electrician position for 5 months, I failed again and again.
The employers always ask me,"do you have canada experience?".
However, I wonder If none hire me,how can I get my fist local experience.

zhu
G
Its a common problem in many areas when electricians are plentiful You may have to try other areas where they really need tradesmen, I understand Eastern Ontario is short tradesmen in a few of the cities, they are trying to import some, you might want to try there, or head for Alberta not enough men for the amount of construction out here.

E
cazxd - Just as g. gardiner suggests,you have discovered the old catch 22 problem. You are not alone. I began in the trade in the late 50's and this has been a problem all along. What I have to suggest is not the easiest way, but it will get you started.
There are many jobs in Ontario, but you have to be prepared to go to them where ever at least until you get some experience and then you can select an area to work in and likely will get a job where you want to work.
Many newspapers are available online and there is always the Employment Office to search for work. Let your friends and acquaintences know you are looking for work. Talk to as many contractors, other electricians etc. as possible as often as possible and keep asking. Your perseverence will win out in the end. Bottom line, you have to be willing to move to the area of the job if one comes available.
Also ckeck online on the internet as some contractors use this method to find Electricians. Beleve me, there is work out there.
Best of luck,just don't give up

Link Copied to Clipboard