I'm a journeyman electrician with much industrial etc. experience however, no mobilehome experience. I'm currently assistant manager of a 192 unit mobilehome park and do most of the electrical if I can handle it on a part time basis. I've read article 550 and constantly refer to it.
All homes are double wide. Main power distribution consists of 3-600 amp Nema 1 distribution panels,all with many 100amp 2pole breakers feeding multiple units with 1/0 typw UF al conductors. All feeders are direct burial(no conduits). All units have 50amp main breakers. Over the years(before my time) many units have been "piggybacked off of other pedestals because(I think of opened feeders from the main distribution panel),Some jumpers between pedestals are single wire, some are multiple wire . I have a low voltage problem at some units because of to many units on 1 main feeder. How many uinits can you put on 1-100amp feeder, as a general rule? Also,
I need to change many pedestals and am having a hard time finding manufactuers. The only one I have found so far is Milbank and they are expensive.Any suggestions? Also,
I see the grounding conductor at each unit going down into the ground but no sight of ground rods. Is there some "trick to the trade" for grounding these pedesatals. or is the ground rod below the surface?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.