OK, I'm not an electrician, so before you smack me around (verbally) for being here, let me say, I've learned to be at least coherent in electrical discussions from you guys and mainly come to check out the safety stuff, and recalls. That being said, here's the issue:

Over the last few days, we've noticed a flickering of some of the lights in our home. We (last summer) raised the house and built a new basement, and the breaker panel is still hanging by the 2" conduit, with no connection to the wall. I know, that's not great, but until I get the basement finished this summer, it will have to do.

Regardless, my thoughts were that the main lugs had worked loose (aluminum). I shut of the power at the pole with the main disconnect (rural home) and attempted to tighten up the lugs. What the heck size are these allen screws? 3/8" is too big, 5/16" too small, and no one manufacturers a 9mm allen wrench, which is, I believe, the actual size. Specialized tool (torque wrench) or what?

By the way, I already untaped the acorn nuts at the mast and they were still clean well-lubed but I cranked them down and retaped them anyway.

REC won't come inside the house and they want me to confirm it's not a problem with the home wiring before they'll even check their system out. That seems lame to me, but oh well. Can't get and electrician at the place til Friday at the earliest.

Any thoughts, as I want this fixed because it's hard on equipment and a dangerous situation. Waiting til Friday seems tough.