A guy in my area who lives in a wooded housing addition buys another building lot across the street to build a pole type building 48' x 60'. He has no room to build on the lot where his house is located and he needs space for his "hobby" which is restoring old Chevys for himself. The county issues him a building permit for the pole building. The electric utility serves everything in this addition underground. They require a minimum 200A meterbase as they don't bury anything smaller than 4/0 AL URD so he puts in a 200A MB 40 circuit loadcenter. This lot has no water(he didn't drill a well) and no septic system. By my understanding this building is not a dwelling as defined in article 100. It is not an accessorie building because it is the only building on the lot. The county says it is not a commercial/business building because no business will be conducted from it and it is zoned residential. The question here is what GFCI requirements apply to this building? I believe the applicable GFCI requirements for this building are found in art. 210.8(B) Other Than Dwelling Units. Since there are no bathrooms, commercial or institutional kitchens or rooftop equipment requiring servicing the only GFCI receptacles required by the NEC would be those installed outdoors. I would enjoy hearing other opinions accompanied by code references.