I must say I stand corrected, Sometimes I type faster than I should. Of course in an industrial/commercial setting, it's not a problem. But in residential and in audio work, it is considered bad practice. [Linked Image]

It has been proven many times in my line of work that a shared neutral causes noise issues. Many installs I've had to rework have been cured of noise by pulling dedicated neutrals for each circuit. I don't always understand why that's so, but it has proven itself many times.

Electrically sharing a neutral on a branch circuit is not any different than what happens at the panel where all the branch circuit neutrals share a single conductor back to the source.
For non-power-sensitive loads, I agree. For audio gear, no. It's the same idea as using isolated grounds, IMHO. I do agree with all of your other points! [Linked Image]
Don:
Haven't seen one in years! [Linked Image] But 3w 240 is fine. I do recall some tweek audio magazine espousing the benefits of audio clarity by feeding all your gear from a 2w 120 service. (Back in the 70's)

Stupid should be painful.