After I get through with this job, I should know motors wiring a whole lot better. I got at least 25 machines to wire, most of them have two motors on them. About 8 of them are 480 volt, ( I have to set a 400 amp. 480 volt service panel on an existing set of paralled conductors ) Most of the motors are "ancient", one with no name plate [Linked Image] some that have been converted from 480 volts to 230 volts, at least one that has been converted from 575 volts to 230 volts and still has the original name plate that says 575 volts on it ( don't even give an option for another voltage, but someone done it anyway,) some with no motor overload protection, and all these are going into a building that already has it's share of violations [Linked Image] Inspector is gonna love this one. Don't know exactly what to do now, just wire the circuits etc. and take it one day at a time. The owner is moving his business from one building to another one down the street. Safety inspectors, electrical engineers, architects, fire marshal and who knows who else has already been there. Inspectors told the owner they would work with him, but I don't think they know the extent yet, of what to expect from his machines. These are wood working machines, with sawdust covering them. He is working on getting the "dust collection systems" he needs that he don't already have.
As far as my original post on the 30 hp. motor and 3/4 hp. motor, etc. , I don't know yet. I'm taking it one step at a time. Sure am studying the code book a lot. I appreciate all the input. I want to get it right the first time if possible. I don't like doing it the second or third time [Linked Image] Steve...