Hi,
Thanks for the replies. The only AHJ is the state and they are not going to inspect because it is not required and I do not have a permit with them...in this particular location there is no city or county authority for electrical. I guess I am the AHJ! I am just trying to satisfy the nec..it is not clear what is allowed. I know some will allow more than others etc. There should be a maximum distance limitation so this would be clear.

The CSED was already onsite when I showed up. The first thing I noticed is it is held on with NAILS! All I did was bug on to it.

This is a Main Breaker panel with a feed through lug.

From the CSED to a PULL BOX on the side of the home is a 3 conductor USE. From this j- box there is a pvc nipple entering the BACK from the ceiling of the laundry room..this is a ASCR type 4 conductor cable...three insulated and a bare ground...suitable for inside wiring. NO USE INDOOR AT ALL.

There is a ground at the CSED that is tied to the POCO ground but no ground rod. This work was done by others.

I have two ground rods grounding the Main panel in the home. There is NO EGC from the CSED to the Main panel.

But the neutral is insulated. I do not have to run a ground with these conductors since I will be establishing one at the residence.

I could put a main outside but only if it were the last resort.

I think that I will relocate the panel in the laundry room which is the room that the ASCR crosses to get to the front wall of the garage (entrance wall) this wall is the same wall as the laundry room. I feel that if I were to turn the panel around 180 degrees and have it in the same room that the cable enters from the outside that this would be acceptable.

Thanks for the help.

-regards

MUSTANG

[This message has been edited by mustangelectric (edited 12-07-2004).]

[This message has been edited by mustangelectric (edited 12-07-2004).]