I have been working on the outside installation of a freezer/cooler. The two condensers are covered with a shield that is solid on top and two sides, but has a wire mesh with approx. one inch holes on the two largest sides. The first thing I noticed was that the whips going to the motor and the various equipment was in flex and not watertight. Then, after a rain, when I opened up the contactor cabinet where I am to supply the feed, I noticed it was completely wet and a cut sheet inside was soaking wet. I called the manufacturer and he assured me that they are installed outside like this all the time. Having only worked on inside ones and not confronting this issue before, I still have my doubts about what he is telling me. I would think that all the equipment under the hood should be 3R rated. Anyone have any insight on this? Would you bring the question up to the inspector or do you think this should be addressed. I have already expressed my opinion to the GC but he is satisfied with the info the manufacturer gave.