I should have been clearer in my posts.The generator powered ckts are to consist of some 4 bulb 2x4 lay-ins wit 2 bulbs each to be gen. powered. This is in addition to the legally required emergency lighting already in place.Today I talked him into changing the exit lites he wants to add from the gen. to adding them onto an existing exit lite ckt. Now as for the receps in question, these are to be wired to the gen. served panel. These ckts. will serve as backup power for some chest and upright freezers and refrigerators in a resturant in the bldg. These are residental type freezers and refrigerators and a couple of upright coolers. I also discovered today that he doesn't want the expense of an automatic transfer switch. Should I just provide additional receps at the freezer locations powered by the gen. panel? Can I still power 1/2 of the layins from the genset? These new developments would change the installation from an optional standby system to a seperately derived system and would all have to be piped seperately from existing systems? Sorry guys but the playing field seems to keep changing. Thanks for your help. Russell [Linked Image]