Bob,

One other thought, related to carefully folding the wires into the box. . .use more wire, rather than less.

I have no idea of what your practice is, but a common error I run into concerns short conductors at the receptacle or switch. When I rough in a box, I'll leave 12" to 14" of conductor stripped out of the sheath, with only 1/4" to 3/4" of the sheath left showing inside the box where the cable enters, or sticks out of the clamp. When I come back to make up the splices, I'll trim back the length to about 5" - 6" of conductor past the open face of the box. I'll make up the grounds first, and fold them back and forth the long way and push them to the back of the box, with the device bond pigtail coming forward at the point I expect the yoke screw to be present. Then I'll make up the remaining insulated conductors, again, pushing the splices to the back of the box, over the grounds, with the pigtails or single conductors coming out with the ground. Then I'll fold those away till I come back to device, when the wall is finished.

I'll pull out, unfold, the pigtails (or individual conductors) and comfortably make up the device terminations several inches from the wall surface, and then, again, fold the wires back into the box.

Al

Al Hildenbrand