Hi everyone. I need some advice for some decisions I have to make about my future. Hopefully some of you guys with alot of experience can help me out.

First, a little background. Im going to graduate from a university soon with a degree in electronics. I have worked summers as an electrician, and now I want to work full time to get my journeyman's license. (I need 2 more years.) Eventually I want to become a teacher (of electrical wiring) in a trade school, hence the need for a license.

So, what are the pros and cons of both the union and merit shops? I know this isnt a place to bash either side, so all I want is some constructive advice. [Linked Image] I worked for small non-union company and it was OK, but I want to know about the union.

Second, I know this is a feast or famine industry, so is electrical construction a good career choice? (Again, some seasoned guys might want to answer this one.)

Anyway, I really like this business and I want to stay in it. Thanks in advance for you help! [Linked Image]

Peter