Thanks for your Rapid Replys .... its is a meter/main ... square D unit with a meter socket and a 200 amp breaker with 6 slots within the same enclosure .. this would be mounted out side the building and connected to an underground service form the power company ... from the load side of the 200 amp main c/p I am running a 200 amp al service cable which has 2 line 1 neutural and 1 bare ground wires all cased in a plastic sheath ... this would exit the meter main enclosure from the rear through the exterior wall of the house up to the overhead attic space across and down to the square d 200 amp 30 circuit panel ... the exterior box is grounded with a ground rod and #4 copper the interior panel is bonded to the bare ground lead of the service cable and neutural .... I dont see any problem with this arrangement ... i will be calling for a REVIEW with the local inspector and wanted to have my facts ... i can find nothing in the nec 2002 codes that would violate this arrangement .... more input is welcomed .... thanks