Just a note to all of you in business out there. Remember to cover you self at every turn.
Without going into a lot of detail, I was informed the other day that we lost a case I was called to testify at.
At XXXXX Theme park our scope was to run conduit and control wire to a “ride console” that was provided, installed and connected by the owner. With said park about to open and no control console in site we were directed to “make safe” all the cable hanging out there. We installed a “temporary” box over the conduit, on top of the concrete. (The area was supposed to be non-public) We finish the job and go away. 3 years later we find ourselves in a lawsuit because a “guest” tripped over said box (which by this time was painted a bright color and had a traffic cone on top) and was injured. (Non public area remember)
We lost due to the contract language stating we agree to indemnify the GC of any and all occurrences resulting out of our work.

I guess we should have known the ride console would never be installed, [note to self] take class in telepathy[/note] gone back on our own, saw cut the concrete and recessed the box.
You just can’t win these days.
This will defiantly hurt the bottom line. But if we were a small contractor it would probably be utterly devastating. [Linked Image]