well.. it takes alot of wind out of your sail to admit defeat. but here I am.
I put a bathroom exhaust sytem in a home. the one that picks up several bathrooms and then exits out a vent in the attic. The problem i have it this: I usually wire my bathrooms on a single 20 amp Gfci circuit. lights recepticles.. all. but this exhaust fan was triping the gfci. soooo.. i put in GFCI recepticles and eliminated the breaker. the only kicker is that the lights in the bath are now " un protected " including the fan. code gave me my final sticker but wants the lights protected. i can't find in the code a single article for putting lights on a GFCI circuit. looking for a loop hole here. i need to call NFPA later today and ask i guess... theres only a small section of 210 that deals with this. am i missing something?

i've been through the fan and found no loose connections or reasons for it to be triping the GFCI.

to take it back to the supply house will take alot of non paid time.

I have worked as an apprentice and on to a journeyman in a general construction company. 90% of what I do is residential. I have an associats degree in electrical technology. I have started my own buisness this year and am with out the help of other electricians. this is why i find this site so helpful.