Okay,

We live in North Texas, actually a little Harper Valley PTA, type of town. Although, growing year by year. IE: North of Frisco, Texas.

I have done work in DFW area for 30 years. Now I am doing work in the North Texas area.

I have always gotten along with City Inspectors. You have to try to get along with them even when you disagree . We have a Inspector in ******, Texas. He has had his Masters for about nine years and also a Contractor in this town. He Inspects and releases his own work to the Power Company. Not sure if he is a Licensed Insector, remember this is a very small town. My only dealings with him are basically new residential and remodel. The only thing I have been RED TAGGED ON is, I do not use enough staples. Granted he is only paid $20.00 per Inspection. He never Green Tags anyone(to my Knowledge) on the first Inspection.

My Question as an example:

On a 1450 sq ft. Home, is 1500-2000 staples enough? All staples are in the wall, none in the attic. Per the Inspector.

The Houses I have wired in the past (up to 8000 sq ft., with 400 amp service) I used bascially the same amount of of staples or more.

Seems odd it is the only thing he can get me on. FYI: The Inspector and myself are the only two Masters in this town or area.

Is this a conflict? Should an Inspector be allowed to Inspect his own work?

Signed:

RockyJo in a small and growing town in North Texas!