I have to agree with Skpr on this one. If I were in the position to hire I would not hire a female, yeah I know, it's not fair it's not right but thats the way it is. My problem would not be with the female but the other guys working with her. They get out of line then it's either loose a good Jman or loose money in a lawsuit, I'd avoid dealing with it entirely by not hiring females.

I've worked with females in the military and the trade and had bad experiences with both. In the military, one complaint whether it's true or not you are basically screwed. In the trade I worked with two females, neither one could load their vans with 1000' spools of romex, so we got stuck doing it most mornings, if you make the same pay as me you should be able to do the same work.

Now that you think I'm a female hating neanderthal I'll tell you where I think female electricians would do really well, service departments. For the most part you are on your own in your own van and usually the job requires more brains than brawn, of course we are back at your original problem, how to get your foot in the door to gain the experience needed to work in a service department.