Only reason I brought it up is that on a 24 circuit panel, it could be very easy to over-fill a gutter, in terms of de-rating. 24 2-wires would be 48, 24 unbalanced 3-wire would be 36. With 30 being the trigger for de-rating the conductors in the gutter. Down to 40%!

FYI I'm in the process of installing one over two panels right now as a transition from NM above to a few surface panels... Which is why I have it on mind....

Anyway, yes you are right 'not part of the code'...
This annex is not a part of the requirements of this NFPA document but is included for informational purposes only.

And this is something I wish was made more clear about this code in particular. This is from commentary, also not code, but I'm using it as an example.

The factors in the second column of Table 310.15(B)(2)(a) are based on no diversity, meaning that all conductors in the raceway or cable are loaded to their maximum rated load. For load diversity, the user is directed to Annex B.

So, 'for load diversity, the user is directed outside the code? To an area that would allow you to have additional conductors in a more sensable way, and lays that out very easily in Table B.310.11. But by doing so, put that out of reach without Engineering Supervision. It would great if that one table were made more accessable. It would certainly make things like this easier.....

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason