Yeah, now that I think about it, I agree with you guys... I should have stuck to my guns.

Funny story, when I painted my bedroom, I painted the walls a nice green color and the trim is Ivory... I put an outlet plate in the spectrometer to make the perfect shade. I guess I cheated, but my outlet plates go nicely with my paint scheme... not to mention metallic copper (my favorite color!) accents in a few places [Linked Image]

Lowe's sells paintable plates that cover the device... the outlet plates cover duplex outlets and have holes for the prongs... Since it covers the outlet, it's like a spacer between the plug and receptacle... I don't think it's such a good idea... and the ones they have for switches just look awful, so I didn't even mention these.

The worst paint job I've ever seen is someone used a sprayer very liberally. All prong holes were covered and FILLED, and and everything was paint glued together. I was the paint crew's clean up guy (temp job), and I ended up fixing their paint mistakes (the electrician redid the outlets, and pulled alot of paint off). The boss guy paid me $50 extra in advance, and it only took me 2 hours to fix the paint (expert hobby painter here). Pretty sweet, considering it's normally $35/day, but pretty sucky considering the real painters who messed this up made $35/hour on the job.