So I have a job where there is an existing electrician and I was hired by an AV company to do Crestron/Home audio and a Home Theater installation. Before I started work one, I contacted the owner of the other company, had a chat with him and his partner and they are 100% ok with me doing my work. He was personally glad to not have the liability for installing AV cabling and have the AV contractor come back at him for issues[side note, he is interested in working with my company for a Lutron project]

OK. So part of my scope of work is a 100 amp feeder and sub panel in an AV closet, all sorts of power conditioning and all the electrical work in the home theater. I order up and bring to the site approx. $1000 worth of copper wire for feeders, long run and all that, panel, breaker etc. My wife goes into labor and I end up off the site for little over a week. I get back and guess what's gone. All the copper. Panel is still there, all breakers.

I go thru the (deleted)roof. Call the owners rep., call the GC and electrician. All have no clue as to who could have taken wire. So what recourse do I have. I'll tell ya. The job is a remodel at this point and the owner is a bit paranoid so what is all over the property...security cameras [Linked Image]

After some review with the owners rep, it is just like candid camera, there is a tradesman making not one but three trips to a van with site materials not belonging to him. Company name not visible, but plate number is. Right now is in the investigation phase, but either way, I'm out the money for the copper till someone figures out who it is and where it went. Talk about a bad day.

(edited for another case of an abbreviated cuss word. Everybody was doing OK for a while, but seems like it's getting worse....again)

[This message has been edited by electure (edited 09-13-2006).]