Bob, Continous or not those two could easily be on for hours loaded above 60%. As well as many lighting circuits consisting of cans these days, or a circuit with computers and the many, many perifreals. [Linked Image] Like this one.... Or ANY home during Chistmas or Thanksgiving, EVERYTHING IS ON! I preffer to wire homes to have it all on, all the time. As I know there will be a few times a year when they do.

As for the source, I don't think they would stand to benifit as much as companies like Irwin, Greenlee, or Lenex, the guys who make drill bits, or for those who cheap out on new ones, the guys who make files and grinders will profit. Like I said, I have been limited to two cables per hole for a long time, and before that only one.... You dont jump the wire size, just blast more holes and learn to plan your work better. Real easy to miss the nails with a 1/2"-5/8" drill bit, easier on the wrist too. [Linked Image] And you become very articulate with it after a while.

Back on topic, I dont think it too silly to follow the rules for derating in bundles, or holes. Just because the code allows us to ignore it under 24", doesnt mean we should not take it into consideration on shorter lengths.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason