Nice links, nice replies!

I have a question, though [of course [Linked Image] ]

How indepth does the average Electrician want to go when it comes to learning the physics of Electrical Theories??

Here is a subject that can lead to years and years of studies, each changing as the person advances, which can be completely washed out in the future by another branched version of the theory.
Making the choice of following a certain direction of theory is needed to be done first.

An example that is simple would be Electron current flow as opposed to conventional current flow theory.
Conventional current is extremely simple to use, and is the way that a person in the field would view current flow. It is, however, incorrect as to the way the current flows! It is backwards as to the actual - Electron Current flow direction!
Where will this cause problems?? mostly at Diodes or Transistors. The Diode is drawn in a Conventional current flow direction on schematics, and is also connected this way [Anode "A" to the Positive side, Cathode "K" to the Negative side]. The problem begins when one tries to apply Electron current flow to these schematics. Now the Diode would be reverse biased, and nothing will flow across it!!

I know this rarely happens, but it's something to think about. Those that have an Electronics background will know where I am going with this!!

I completely support anyone in the trade that wants to learn Electrical Theory. The more, the better!! Knowing the Theory will definitely help the person understand how to hook things up, and assist in correct circuitry. The removal of personal doubt of what is actually going on within a piece of equipment or circuit, is priceless!

I personally have done extensive, in-depth studies of the physics involved with Electric circuits and theories. Not too much of this stuff will be a direct benefit to the average sparky.
On the other hand, the most basic items of the theory could be a danger to the average sparky!
A balance between Extended AC theories and ultra advanced theories [way before the field of Quantum Mechanics gets mentioned [Linked Image]], would be the goal[s] to look at for any Electrician.

I breezed over the paper that was written about the common electrical mistaken stuff. It's great for the average sparky.
I'll take a look at the link that "Sparky" included in his message, then get back to you on it. I ran my cursor over it and the link contains something relavent to Kirchoff. His theories are as benificial to the average sparky as Ohm's are [Ohm also goes into sound theories].

As to the paper, I was glad to see that the Author explained a very basic thing about current flow theory - The conductor it's self contains current! It begins flowing when connected to a power source.

I would be glad to add, or write some stuff about theories, then post to this forum. If interested, let me know.
I'll keep the stuff brief [I will force myself here! - better yet, I'll hire armed personnel to keep me in line [Linked Image] ]. I'll begin simple, then move up.

Let me know about this baloney, plus the level that a common electrician would wish to learn [as mentioned at the beginning].

dturner: Great message! Many people mistakenly say that a 1 phase 2 wire circuit [derived from one transformer] has an "A" phase at 0 degrees, then a "B" phase at 180 degrees. If this was true, nothing would work, as the two cancel each other out.
I am impressed with your message, and hope to see more from you in the future!

Scott

Scott " 35 " Thompson
Just Say NO To Green Eggs And Ham!