They say the road to Hell is paved with good intentions....(I've actually been to Hell, Michigan- and it IS lined with roses!)

I was "onto" the asbestos problem an easy five years before nearly anyone else- yet, even I question if the hysteria has gone overboard. While some asbestos is very bad, the bulk of what we call 'asbestos' is of little risk.

In a similar manner, our own government went totally nuts when contaminated soil was found in Times Beach, Mo. The most draconian measures were taken. To this day, I have relations who were not able to recover their property, and were never compensated. The pai n is made all the more real, as the "danger" the government was responding to has since been largely discounted.

Nevertheless, maybe there is something to be said for local power generation. This town would be a good place for all those solar and wind power advocated to "put up or shut up."

It's hard to believe, but we can get along just fine without electricity. Many here still do. A century ago, even the Rockefellers had but the most basic of electrical service.