I recently started working in an Iron Foundry,
....had to test
......there are two maintenance classes.
Maint Tech I.........mechanic
Maint. Tech II........electrician

the company, which is part of a national Metals group, will hire ANYONE who scores 50%......needless to say, everybody WANTS to be an electrician....cuz the pay is $2/ hr. more.

about three weeks after I hire in ......Mr. Doofy walks in, passes the Mech. test and of course boldly announces ...that he "is gonna take the Elec. test, after he reads up on it ."

he almost passed......except for his score........SInce his second day he has been doing elec. work....forget about breakdowns and things like that...he has lights to hang!! and 1-1/2 ridgid to run and no one or the 855 can stop him........until he tried to tag along with me

here is a snapshot

me: the fan on this dryer is hitting the shroud.
Doofy: (wearing his shiny new company issued Fluke T5 ) ..
.......ok, I will change this big switch, and that motor coil....., PBs, Sel. switches, and the Readout Temperature Controller........can you spot his words?

TWO DAYS LATER........

Doofy: the Temp Controller is NG...it has no input..!
I think..... U STOOPID A.......THE FAN IS HITTING THE HOUSING

me: did you check the Thermocouple??
Doofy: ???????......... ( I point to it ) he says.."No, I didn't twist the wires together

me: "note to self" start watching CSI and then SHOOT this Idiot

Doofy: and it only blows hot air.....no matter where I put this switch.....

me: did you match cams with the old SS ?
Doofy: pointing at the SqD switch........I ain't real familiar with Allen-Bradley

me: So now that you have screwed this unit up, did you remember to fix the original problem??
Doofy: ( you could almost hear the shattering glass in his skull )...............I don't think it has a problem, it sounds like something bent the blades, but I put a chunk of steel under a corner and it's only real noisy when you shut it off....:cool

I can't even look at this clown ........so I throw my hands in the air and say...."YOU ARE THE STUPIDEST #$^^%£®´Îφ©Ó ALIVE, AND youneedtostay thehellawayfromme,
you ß??©?¶•´®†ç moron,

he went and cried..... that I yelled at him and made him feel shame

.......there are more episodes

P.S. his test score.......................14

Tom