Last week I got one rear door of my van mashed due to a carpenter ramming my van 5' on to the side walk last week, I'll get back to that. But since then, the van has been foder for thieves thinking the door is un-secure. Everynight my alarm goes off, with $%^&38's trying my doors! I run out 1/2 naked looking to kill and only get a glimps of a car taking off....

Yesturday morning instead of my wife waking me with the usual cup of coffee, she says she looked out the window, and saw broken glass behind my truck. Go figure it one of the nights I go to bed early and sleep like the dead - a rare occassion. Normally the slightest noise will send me out the door primed to kill. So I get out there, and both rear windows are busted on the van. (Glass I did not want when I bought it!) One grate is tweeked where the moron jambed his arm in to try and open the door, and drops of blood here and there. GOOD!!! I assume he did this after trying to jamb a screw-driver in the lock and work it open. He obviously did not speak or read english, because it said in 1" label tape, "Door can not be opened from inside." On the glass he busted. And the cyclinder for the lock is not connected to jack.... I disabled them long ago for just this purpose.

So I call the cops. They say, "Well you can come file a police report later. But nothing we can do..." (I'm 'bout sick of them...)

So I go to work, after cleanin up all the glass, and see and old apprentice from years back. Haven't seen him in about 5 years.... About seven years ago, I was picking him up from his house and his wacky room-mate attempted to shoot him with a BB gun, missed and blew out the window of a van I had before this one. Funny thing was, I saw him in his old neighbor hood, right down the street from where that happened year ago.

So, what does glass cost?
$450 installed each side!
So the door that got mashed $650 + $450= ~$1100+
So the body guy says he'll apply the $450 from the glass of the door that needs to be replaced from the accident to just replacing the door, so both without glass! (Not including other damage from the breakin attempt.Or the other body work from the accident.) So I get no glass doors, like I wanted, and the guy who hit me get a break in the body work! Great right?

NO! The body guy, who just happens to be an agent for the insurance company the other guy is under called to tell me that he had been doing some leg work on the claim, and is being stone walled because this guy (Carpenter) wont answer his phone!

Bottom line, I am totally tweeked from lack of proper sleep, and spent all last night bolting 3/4" ply, and welding a strut cage to what used to be my windows.

Yesturday, is one I don't want to deal with ever again. But now my wife no longer thinks I'm nuts when I suggest putting cameras up on the house. It's been a point of contention...

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason