Markleeville is on the Nevada side of California. Serviced by SPPCO, a Nevada based utility company.

Yes we are federal and the local codes do not apply, but like I said, I like to meet or exceed them anyway.

Thanks for the links but California Libraries are a good distance from Utah. The link to the energy code is greatly appreciated. I hope I won't be having any problems meeting and exceeding things within it. I can't see how it would be more restrictive than what we already do. At least I can avoid being blind sided.

As far as purchasing a $130 CEC, like everyone else, the government has gotten so tight that we are stragling ourselves. I just got word last week that my right hand (an electrician position that serves several states and saved the government tens of thousands of dollars per year) will not be refilled (I wish him the best in Japan).

With the Forest Service a facility with a few 10 person barracks is a large site. This site is already having a positive effect on local county facilities as a joint sewage plant and improved water system (needed for our fire flow requirements and sprinkling the barracks) are in the works. It always amazes me that everyones has different ideas of scale.

I will dust off the long retired 2002 NEC if I have any questions. I had to do that last fall when I was inspecting a new facility last fall that we had designed and built under the 2002 NEC.

Thanks again for all your replies, they are greatly appreciated.