I will agree with those who say some inspections can be done in a couple minutes. If you are just looking at a few feet of RNC before it is buried, that is fast but when you are looking at an industrial switcboard and the 500 feet of EMT it serves along with all the equipment along the way you have to get out of the car and walk around a while.
When an installer has hundreds of man hours in a job since the last time you looked at it you need some time to inspect that work.
I did have guys I trusted to do a good job and to believe they were not trying to get over on me but those were usually the same guys who wanted me to give the job a good look. Good tradesmen are proud of their work.
Once you get that level of trust they will bring you over to the questionable place and ask you what they should do. I did spray the jobs with my cards and encouraged them to call me anytime if they had any question at all. That was really important when you have park rangers who think they are electricians [Linked Image]

Greg Fretwell