The company that I used to work for years ago had laid off about 400 employees (they had over 2000 total). One of them was a very obese guy. When it came time for re-hire, they decided to put everyone through a medical and performance test. The obese guy never was hired back. He filed a complaint to the Human Rights Board, and won. The company had no choice but to re-hire him, because his previous work records proved he was able to do the job.

As a small contractor with a couple of employees, I can't afford to carry someone who isn't able to pull his weight (excuse the pun). Why should an employer be expected to change someone's job description because of obesity, either because of a medical condition or because they aren't able to lay off the donuts? Bottom line is that if you can't do the job you were hired to do, regardless of the reason (obesity, arthritis, drug or alcohol problems, or any other medical conditions), then you should have no recourse if you get the axe. These problems aren't the employer's fault.

Sixer

"Will it be cheaper if I drill the holes for you?"