For the various companies I've worked for I've used Square D HOM & QO, Cutler Hammer BR, Siemens QP/Murray MP-T (The same thing with a different label)& the GE THQP styles...

I've done the HOM panels maybe 10 times on jobs far away from my regular supply house, no problems (thankfully, one was 450 miles away in Burlingame). Seemed like a well built panel, and the design was nice. About the same for CH's BR panel.

My supply house carries Siemens, and I've likely hung somewhere around 200 of them in places where Zinsco's, FPE and Bulldogs used to dwell, Never a callback believe it or not [Linked Image]

I did work for one contractor that was CRAZY about GE panels, so I used to get them sent to me while I worked for him... The thin breakers seemed flimsy and I was forever breaking that stupid little piece of plastic off the bottom where its supposed to hold it into the panel [Linked Image] I've had them fail on me more than once internally, usually a telltale sign of extreme heat is the bubbling and cracking in the side of the breaker where it seems the contacts did not make correctly. After a few callbacks he started sending Cutler Hammer out.. Much better [Linked Image]

Preferencewise, I like the Siemens layout, as said before, the neutral/ground bar location is good, and if you should ever need to change the main out, it's not hard to do (Replacement 200A mains are $75 at the Depot last I checked) But the CH and SqD panels have never done me wrong either...