After taking a 4th or 5th sithing look at "How to stay out of trouble - for electricians", (It's file name as sent) I noticed that it is probhably page #7 out duffus' #uno's training manual.... From 1997....

Our PM's reply to the GC that forwarded it was that she found it both rude, and unprofessional.

My reply was...
OK, where is it that I can post my rebuttal? (“To how to stay out of trouble”) NO Joke…. (Re: wire diagram if one could call it such.)

404.2(B) Grounded Conductors. Switches or circuit breakers shall not disconnect the grounded conductor of a circuit.

If it were a relay… They could do that… i.e. switch a neutral.

430.85 In Grounded Conductors.
One pole of the controller shall be permitted to be placed in a permanently grounded conductor, provided the controller is designed so that the pole in the grounded conductor cannot be opened without simultaneously opening all conductors of the circuit.

And I say that because I doubt their puny little switch can take locked rotor current… qualifying it as a controller.

430.82 Controller Design.
(A) Starting and Stopping. Each controller shall be capable of starting and stopping the motor it controls and shall be capable of interrupting the locked-rotor current of the motor.
These will be controlling several of the largest shade motors of this type, that I have installed many times before, which operate ~4-5amps each to lift a 15X30 area of heavy canvas. When operating several of these at once, it is normally nessesary to have them controlled by relays due to combined amperage, and due to device finish (Vareo) the switches will not be a good match...

So I took a look at the Somfy site, and apparently that wiring diagram may be equally as old as his training manual. (And they may have realized that switched neutrals were a bad idea.) I seached thier whole set of diagrams and that one is not availabe, at least any more. They do however have this one, that still shows a switched neutral, but note, one motor. http://www.somfy.com/nam/file.cfm/acdiagrm.pdf?contentID=11702

And this one that suggests that switching the neutral is un-nessesary... As the many I have done before have been wired. http://www.somfy.com/nam/file.cfm/acdiagrm.pdf?contentID=11702

Either way, nothing of what I was sent was a "Cut-sheet" or "Specification"! No "Specific" make/model number, FLA, or dimensions for the shades, location of feed, or what will control them per scope of work.

Mark Heller
"Well - I oughta....." -Jackie Gleason