After the closure of the "neverending story" thread, and several others in the past, I really think that we need a CLEAR definition of exactly WHAT constitutes the dreaded "political content" for the purposes of this site.

From what I am able to figure out, it seems to be limited to anything that pokes fun at Republicans, G.W. Bush, conservatives, or anything else on the right side of the spectrum. I am left having to believe that there is some kind of ideological bias at work here because of the threads/comments that get closed, as opposed to those that are allowed to remain.

For example, many disparaging comments (some deserved, many not) get made about "enviro-wackos" or "greenies", and these are allowed to stay up. Same goes for threads (completely unrelated to ANYTHING electrical) dedicated to "supporting" or "thanking" current/former military personnel for their service.

Even the US flag waving in the upper left corner of every forum page is inherently a POLITICAL STATEMENT.

If there is a ban on political comments based on which side of the aisle you happen to agree with, that's fine, but let's have a clear, unambiguous statement SAYING SO. If not, then I would hope to see the ban enforced even-handedly.